Appfail: The story of a Melbourne .NET startup
These guys presented at DDD Melbourne, it's a great tallk for people who haven't seen it, I could get them to come down and give it to us...
Sam Kroonenburg & Peter Sbarski @samkroon http://appfail.net
Once upon a rainy day in Melbourne two ASP.NET devs, Sam & Peter, were scrolling through a long list of ELMAH exception logs – trying to diagnose a web site error. They thought – “There HAS to be a better way to do this.”
And Appfail was born.
With rich failure analytics and beautiful charting – it’s like ELMAH met Google Analytics.
Join us, to hear the story of:
- building a startup.
- releasing a minimal viable product.
- making your site gorgeous – without a graphic designer!
- marketing & gaining a customer base.
- creating a SAAS, as a scalable cloud service.
- and keeping it running 24/7.
This is not a presentation on Appfail, it's the story of 2 local .NET devs creating a startup. We'll tell you what we did and the lessons we learnt along the way.